BE SENSITIVE TO GOD'S VOICE 2


BE SENSITIVE TO GOD'S VOICE 2


MEMORY VERSE: - John 10:27 - "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:"

In part one, we saw that the Lord told Elijah that he had already commanded the widow of zarephath to feed him, but unfortunately for the widow she didn't hear nor recognise the voice of the Lord. How do I know this? Because of the response of the widow when she was asked to bring him bread.

After asking for water to drink and without hesitation, the woman was going to get it, Elijah then pushed further to ask the widow, “And please bring me some bread, too.” and so "she answered, “By the living Lord your God I swear that I haven't got any bread. All I have is a handful of flour in a bowl and a drop of olive oil in a jar. I came here to gather some firewood to take back home and prepare what little I have for my son and me. That will be our last meal, and then we will starve to death."

By this response, it was obvious that this widow woman had no clue about her being instructed to feed the man of God. What went wrong? Did God actually spoke to her? Or did she not hear when she was being told? We know that God cannot lie, if He said he has instructed her, then He did instruct her. However, she was not sensitive to the voice of the Lord because she was choked and overwhelmed by the situation around.

Child of God, every time we allow situations to take the upper hand in our lives, we miss God, we miss His voice, we miss the word for the next level. Many are times when we allow the flesh to get in the way of our spirit that we are not able to receive into our conscience that which the Holy Spirit is transmitting to us. 

We know that the Spirit of God mostly speaks to our spirits and often times we missed it because of insensitivity to the spirit. When God is showing us the next move for the assignment, the next step to take to achieve the mandate, the right thing to do for the next level of the assignment, we miss it due to our insensitivity at the moment. Thus it is important we stay in the arena of the spirit so as to hear His voice.

PRAYER
Heavenly Father, for another day for new beginnings, I ask that you help me through your Holy Spirit to give me the ear to hear and recognise your voice in Jesus name, Amen.
 
BIBLE VERSES
John 8:47; Romans 10:17; Hebrews 3:15

Email: 📨 abayelizdaily@gmail.com

+234 8143473311; +2348105409942

Check out our books on amazon:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MEMBERS OF GOD'S FAMILY 2

AVOID DIVERSIONS

NOW IS YOUR MOMENT