BECOMING A LIVING SACRIFICE 2


AbayeLiz Daily Inspirational


BECOMING A LIVING SACRIFICE 2

MEMORY VERSE: - Romans 12:1 - "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service."

Living our lives as a living sacrifice has great impact on our relationship with God. In his letter to the Galatians, Paul says, “I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.” The believer's life is an offering to God. It is consecrated and set apart for God. As a result, we no longer live to please ourselves but to please God.

Oh! How we would have love to revenge on those acts of wickedness done to us, how pleasing it would have been to pay back evil for evil: but that's in the old man. Our old self and the life we live for ourselves died with Christ. Therefore, we live every day through faith in the life-giving power of Christ, hence it is no longer you and I that lives but Christ living in and through us.

We must let go of our old ways and it's systems. We shouldn't be active in the old in Christ. The old must die for the new to reign. The old is shameful and unfit for our relationship with God. Not letting go of the old means we are not really in Him but are merely practicing religion.

Understand that you can't mix old and New together otherwise it will ruin you. Jesus said, "No one sews a piece of unshrunk cloth on an old garment; or else the new piece pulls away from the old, and the tear is made worse" Mark 2:21.

PRAYER
Thank you Father for your mercies that never fails. Help me Lord to live every day for you, help me to please you and not to please myself in Jesus name, Amen.
  
BIBLE VERSES
1 Corinthians 5:7; Ephesians 5:2; Hebrews 13:15-16; 1 Peter 2:5

Email: 📨 abayelizdaily@gmail.com

+234 8143473311; +2348105409942

Check out our books on amazon:
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MEMBERS OF GOD'S FAMILY 2

AVOID DIVERSIONS

NOW IS YOUR MOMENT