BECOMING A LIVING SACRIFICE


 AbayeLiz Daily Inspirational 

BECOMING A LIVING SACRIFICE

MEMORY VERSE: - Romans 12:1 - I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

Jesus always demands for our all in our walk with Him. He does not want a partial commitment but our total surrendering to Him. Wherefore, we are called upon to "offer ourselves a living sacrifice to God." That is, to give up our selfish satisfaction and desires for the living God. To live a life that is worthy and acceptable to God.

Sacrifice is defined as “Anything consecrated and offered to God." Thus, we must consecrate ourselves and be yielded to God as an instrument of righteousness. We are to sacrifice our feelings, selfish ambitions, motives etc to serve the living God. If you cannot sacrifice your feelings, hurts, emotions for the sake of Jesus, you are not fit for the kingdom.

A song writer wrote,

'I gave My life for thee, My precious blood I shed, That thou might'st ransomed be, And quickened from the dead I gave My life for thee; what hast thou given for Me?'

The question now is, What have you given up, what's the sacrifice you have made for the sake of Jesus? Have you taken insult, mistreated, rejected and yet you still love the Lord? You put things behind you, you overlook weaknesses and attitudes. Have you sacrifice your passions and wants to that of Christ? 

This bring us to the place of dying to self. In Christ we die to live. Until you die to self, you cannot live unto God. As long as your own self is very much alive in you, it will stand as a barrier to your relationship with God and His Son Jesus Christ.


PRAYER

Thank you Lord for loving me and for offering your Son an eternal sacrifice for me. I therefore this day offer you my life, take it for a living sacrifice for you and help me with your grace to live daily a life pleasing and acceptable to you in Jesus name, Amen.

BIBLE VERSES

1 Corinthians 6:19-20; Romans 8:12; Ephesians 5:1-22; Timothy 2:15.

Email: 📨 abayelizdaily@gmail.com

+234 8143473311; +2348105409942

Check out our books on amazon: 

https://www.amazon.com/author/elizabethabaye

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GOD WILL FINISH WHAT HE STARTED

AVOID DIVERSIONS

NOW IS YOUR MOMENT